PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT TO THIS WEB SITE. BY USING THIS WEB SITE, YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
The Latino Professional Network (LPN) is a non-profit organization. We maintain this Web site as a service to our members, the community and the public. Please visit us frequently, browse our pages, and download documents, subject to the restrictions outlined below.
Content of Web Site
LPN.org Content & Materials. Material on LPN.org is available "as is." We warrant neither that access to LPN.org will be uninterrupted nor that material appearing thereon will be error-free. There may be delays, omissions, or interruptions and inaccuracies in the news, information or other materials available through LPN.org. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed on LPN.org or available through links from LPN.org. We do not guarantee or warrant that LPN.org or materials that may be downloaded from LPN.org do not contain viruses, worms, &Trojan horses" or other destructive materials. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. If you rely on LPN.org and any materials available through LPN.org, you do so solely at your own risk.
Posted Content & Materials. Given the nature of LPN.org, we cannot verify the accuracy of statements that users place on LPN.org. It is impractical to review all statements after they are placed on LPN.org. And even if statements could be reviewed, we are not in a position to investigate and confirm the accuracy of a user's statements. Accordingly, we do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information available through LPN.org. We do not guarantee that such material has been posted with the permission of the copyright or the proprietary rights owner. You rely on such materials solely at your own risk. We are not responsible for materials contained in postings, but we do reserve the right to remove or modify such materials at our sole discretion for any reason.
Linked Web Sites. We make no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one. When you access a non-LPN web site, please understand that it is independent from the LPN, and that the LPN has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a non-LPN web site does not mean that the LPN endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such web site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
Copyright, Trademark & Permission Rules
Copyright (c) 2000 Latino Professional Network. All rights reserved.
LPN, LPN.org and Latino Professional Network are trademarks of Latino Professional Network, Inc.. All other product and service names are trademarks of their respective owners.
All materials appearing on LPN.org are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright and other laws and are the property of LPN or the party credited as the provider of the content.
You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any content on LPN.org, nor may you distribute any part of this content over any network, including a local area network, sell or offer it for sale, or use such content to construct any kind of database.
However you may view and download content from LPN.org for your own personal, noncommercial use, but only if you make no more than one machine readable copy and/or one print copy. LPN.org may includes in the content certain trademarks and service marks owned by LPN and other content providers, including their respective logos. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content. Copying or storing any content except as provided above is expressly prohibited without prior written permission of the copyright holder identified in the individual content's copyright notice.
If the copyright holder is LPN, for such permission contact Eric Liriano, P.O. 960601 Boston MA 02196-0601 (617) 247-1818 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All requests must:
• Be in writing
• Identify article(s) with headline and author's name and date(s) of publication, if possible
• Include copy of cartoon or graphic, if applicable
• Describe the intended use of the reprint and estimated circulation of any republication.
You should be aware of the following:
• Normal turnaround time is 5 to 7 working days from the receipt of request.
• The LPN owns the copyright to material with the byline "LPN Staff' and to some material with the byline "LPN Correspondent." Most material identified as "LPN Correspondent" is done by freelance writers, and permission to reprint their articles must come from the writers. The LPN will supply the freelancer's address, if available. Permission to reprint a wire service or syndicated article or cartoon should be directed to the syndicate or wire service.
• The LPN cannot supply clean copies of articles. You may obtain a copy of any article by writing to the LPN's library at the above address or accessing the archives section of our web site, LPN.Org.
• The LPN does not grant permission for electronic usage and reprints. This includes bulletin boards, web sites, the Internet or anywhere material can be widely disseminated. If you wish to establish a link to our web site, please contact LPN.org at (617) 247-1818 or email@example.com
• The LPN may condition permission to reprint on payment of a fee. The LPN reserves the right to refuse requests to reprint material. The LPN generally does not give reprint permission for:
• Advertising sales, marketing or promotion, including most communications to current or potential customers or donors
• Electronic usage (see above)
• Political purposes
• Other commercial purposes
You will be responsible for any and all liability resulting from publication, distribution or redistribution related to material you post on LPN.org or the use of such material by any person (including liability resulting from any virus, worm, "Trojan Horse" or other contaminating or destructive feature of the data). You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our directors, officers, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and licensers, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from your violation of the Usage Rules, the infringement of any material posted by you of any intellectual property rights of any third party, or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
You agree to abide by the following rules when posting material and content on LPN.org:
• When posting public notices to other users, you will not post any messages or materials anonymously or under a false name and you agree that you are solely responsible for any statements that are posted using your account.
• You will not post or upload any material or links to material (including, but not limited to text, content, photos, video, animation, graphics, audio, or software) that is libelous, harassing, disruptive, obscene, inappropriate for minors or a violation of applicable law or that would constitute grounds for civil or criminal liability.
• Your postings in a particular discussion area will be reasonably germane to that topic.
• You will not post advertisements, chain letters, charity requests, petitions for signatures, or any solicitation of other users which are inappropriate.
• You will only post materials on LPN.org for which you have obtained appropriate copyright or other permission to upload such materials and to permit downloading by other users for personal, noncommercial use.
• You will not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including, copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights.
• You acknowledge that any materials you upload will be considered to be in the public domain.
The LPN does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our web site. Please note that any information or material sent to the LPN will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending the LPN any information or material, you grant the LPN an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that the LPN is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. However, we will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) we ask your permission to use your name; or (b) we first notify you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of this site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
If you encounter questionable materials on LPN.org, please contact us directly by clicking on this electronic mail link: firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time we may offer users of LPN.org the opportunity to purchase goods and services via the Internet. While we will take reasonable security precautions concerning electronic transmission of data or communications, we disclaim any liability for interception of such data or communications. You agree that we shall not be under a duty to inquire as to the authority or propriety of any information or instructions given to us by you and we shall be entitled to act upon any such information or instructions, and we will not be liable for any loss, cost, expense or other liability arising out of any such instructions.
Disclaimer of Warranties
INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND EXPRESSLY EXCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON- INFRINGEMENT. SOME JMSDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limit On Our Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL LPN OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SPONSORS, MEMBERS, OR LICENSORS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
WE MAY, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, TERMINATE OR SUSPEND YOUR ACCESS TO ALL OR PART OF THIS SERVICE FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE USAGE RULES. Access to LPN.org is currently free. We reserve the right to charge for such access in the future, to change the Usage Rules or to modify any features of LPN.org at any time.
The Usage Rules shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without reference to its choice of law rules. You agree that any and all claims relating to LPN.org will be brought in the federal or state courts sitting in Suffolk County, Massachusetts, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of resolving any such disputes.
If you have any questions concerning these Usage Rules, please contact us at email@example.com